Saturday, December 7, 2013
Preventive Care SAM Working Group in Las Vegas
Register by November 5 and SAVE!
Easily fulfill the knowledge assessment portion of the SAM process with one-day, topic-specific sessions that simplify the ABFM’s MC-FP Part II requirement. To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website within one year (separate fee to the ABFM required).
- Current cancer screening guidelines/recommendations
- Current medical screening guidelines/recommendations
- Current chemoprevention guidelines/recommendations
- Counseling and health promotion
- Principles of screening and population health
The registration fee includes access to the course syllabus online, available about one week prior to the course. Additional information will be provided to registrants by email.
|On or Before November 5, 2013||Members: $185||Residents: $135||Nonmembers: $255|
|After November 5, 2013||Members: $225||Residents: $175||Nonmembers: $295|
*A printed copy of the course syllabus may be purchased for an additional $10.
View the Cancelation & Course Refund Policy.
Note: A separate fee to the ABFM is required to complete the SAM process. This workshop helps you fulfill the knowledge assessment part of the SAM process and no CME is awarded. To complete the SAM process and earn CME, you must also, within one year, complete the clinical simulation on the ABFM website.
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course.
Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
JW Marriott Las Vegas(resweb.passkey.com)(resweb.passkey.com)
221 North Rampart Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89145
Phone: (800) 582-2996
Accommodation Cutoff -- November 5, 2013
Rate: $129 Single/Double Occupancy + current tax rate
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
- Reservations made after November 5, 2013 will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- JW Marriott Las Vegas guarantees reservation by credit card and will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be canceled without charge up to Monday, December 2, 2013.
Americo D. Fraboni, MD, FAAFP
Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Minnesota School of Medicine; Chief of Staff, Fairview Medical Center, Princeton, Minnesota
David G. Weismiller, MD, ScM, FAAFP
Professor, The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina