Musculoskeletal and Sports Care Live Course
Featuring the latest evidence-based, in-depth information on family medicine topics, AAFP live courses make it convenient to learn and refresh your knowledge, in great locations. Earn CME, connect with your colleagues and experts, and improve patient care—all in just a few days.
Demonstrate proficiency in examination techniques and counsel patient who participate in organized sports. Learn best practices on relevant sports topics, including concussion and return-to-play guidelines, exercise prescriptions, and cardiovascular screening.
Select a Course to Register
April 5-8, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Green Valley Ranch Resort, Spa, & Casino
Topics covered in this course include:
- Altitude Illnesses
- Athletes with Common Medical Conditions (Asthma, Infectious Mononucleosis, Sickle Cell Trait, Diabetes Mellitus)
- Cardiovascular Screening in Young Athletes
- Case Studies – Shoulder & Knee Evaluation and Management
- Concussion and Return to Play Guidelines
- Dietary and Nutritional Supplements
- Exercise Prescriptions and New Trends in Training
- Female Athlete Triad
- Exercise for the Geriatric Patient: morbidity and injury prevention
- Osteoarthritis and Sports Participation: Causes and Treatments
- Physician Wellness: Tools to Combat Burn-out
- Skin Conditions in Athletes
- STOP Sports Injuries: Pediatric overuse injury prevention and treatment
- Upper Body Evaluations, Examinations, and Injury Management: Cervical, Shoulder, Elbow, Hand and Wrist
- Lower Body Evaluations, Examinations, and Injury Management: Lumbar, Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot
Note: Topics are subject to change.