Thursday, November 3 - Saturday, November 5, 2016 | Fort Myers/Naples (Bonita Springs), FL
Women's Health Live Course
Register by September 30 to save $100.
Focus on the unique aspects of medical care for the women in your practice. Hear from leading experts on a variety of women’s health topics, including contraception management, hormone replacement therapy, and abnormal uterine bleeding.
Learn and earn CME in the mornings and enjoy the afternoons in Bonita Springs to yourself. Use time to connect with colleagues, relax on your own with family, and get invigorated for the rest of the course.
Earn CME Credit
Approved for up to 15.25 AAFP Prescribed credits; 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. View all statements and agreements »
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive insight into recent women’s health initiatives
- Formulate evaluation and treatment plans related to various health issues throughout a woman’s life cycle.
- Construct an individual wellness plan.
- Discuss the unique aspects of medical care for women.
- Identify and assist victims of physical, emotional and sexual violence and abuse.
- Differentiate specific issues, disease processes, and treatments based on gender and ethnicity.
Attend Women's Health
Thursday, November 3 - Saturday, November 5, 2016
Fort Myers/Naples (Bonita Springs), FL
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Early bird registration discount available through September 30, 2016.
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $745
Student or Resident
Early Bird $545
Early Bird $795
Early Bird $1,095
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding and Amenorrhea
- Breast Mass
- Cardiovascular Disease Prevention for Women
- Contraception Management
- Herbal Therapies and Supplements
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV), PAP Tests, and Cervical Cancer
- Intimate Partner Violence
- Menopause / Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Obstetric and Weight Management
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Hyperandrogenism
- Pre-conception Counseling
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Well Woman Maintenance
Note: Topics are subject to change.
Download the complete schedule(5 page PDF), which includes session times, topics, faculty, and learning objectives.
|Thursday, November 3, 2016|
|Thursday, November 3, 2016 : 7:00 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, November 3, 2016 : 7:45 - 8:00 a.m.||Welcome/Announcements|
|Thursday, November 3, 2016 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, November 3, 2016 : 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Thursday, November 3, 2016 : 1:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Optional Sessions* or Enjoy the Afternoon on Your Own|
|Friday, November 4, 2016|
|Friday, November 4, 2016 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, November 4, 2016 : 7:55 - 8:00 a.m.||Announcements|
|Friday, November 4, 2016 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, November 4, 2016 : 12:00 p.m.||Enjoy the Afternoon on Your Own|
|Saturday, November 5, 2016|
|Saturday, November 5, 2016 : 7:00 - 7:55 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, November 5, 2016 : 7:55 - 8:00 a.m.||Announcements|
|Saturday, November 5, 2016 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, November 5, 2016 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourn|
*Separate registration and fee required.
Note: Times are subject to change.
How to Add Optional Sessions
Separate registration and fee required to attend an optional session. Seats are limited and are only available to course registrants. Select from optional sessions during online registration.
If you have already registered for the course, please call AAFP at (800) 274-2237 to register for an optional session.
Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) IUD
(#101) Thursday, November 3, 1-3 p.m. or
(#102) Thursday, November 3, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Summarize the benefits and risks of LARC IUD devices.
- Explain the evidence-based recommendation for the provision of immediate postpartum LARC IUD.
- Implement strategies to mitigate side effects of LARC IUDs such as breakthrough bleeding.
- Explain and demonstrate proper technique in LARC IUD insertion using models.
Elissa J. Palmer, MD, FAAFP – Course Chair; Professor and Chair, Director Reproductive Services, Director Rural Track Residency, Department of Family Medicine, University of Nevada School of
Jennifer A. Keehbauch, MD, FAAFP – Director, Florida Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program; Director, Women’s Health Fellowship, Orlando, Florida
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD, FAAFP - Professor and Chairman, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina
Jeannette South-Paul, MD, FAAFP – Chair, Department of Family Medicine, University of Pittsburgh; UPMC Matilda Theiss Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Belinda A. Vail, MD, FAAFP - Professor, Interim Chair, Department of Family Medicine, University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. Additional information and instruction will be provided by email after you register.
Contact the hotel directly to make arrangements for your accommodations during this course.
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa(resweb.passkey.com)
5001 Coconut Road
Bonita Springs, FL 34134
Phone: (239) 444-1234
Rate: $199 Single/Double Occupancy
+ current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- September 30, 2016
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after September 30, 2016 will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa guarantees reservation by credit card. Credit cards will not be charged prior to arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
This live activity, Women's Health, with a beginning date of November 3, 2016, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 15.25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
View more credit agreements »
Ready to Register?
November 3-5, 2016
Bonita Springs, FL