Wednesday, March 5 - Saturday, March 8, 2014 | Orlando, FL
Women's Health Live Course
Online Registration is Now Closed.
On-site registration will begin on Wednesday, March 5 at 7:15 a.m.
Gain knowledge on the wide spectrum of women’s health issues—from maternity to HPV to well-woman care.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive insight into recent women’s health initiatives.
- Formulate evaluation and treatment plans related to various health issues throughout a woman’s life cycle.
- Construct an individual wellness plan.
- Discuss the unique aspects of medical care for women.
- Identify and assist victims of physical, emotional, and sexual violence and abuse.
Earn CME Credit
Approved for up to 25.75 AAFP Prescribed credits; 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 credits.™
|AAFP Member||FEE: $995|
|AAFP New Physician Member||FEE: $920|
|AAFP Student Resident Member||FEE: $745|
|Allied Health Professional||FEE: $995|
The following hotel is available for accommodations during this course. Contact the hotel to make arrangements for your stay.
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel and Convention Center(resweb.passkey.com)
8101 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821
Phone: (888) 258-7501
Rate: $159 Single/Double Occupancy + current tax rate
Accommodation Cutoff -- January 31, 2014
Note: A limited number of rooms at the discounted group rate are available for conference registrants on a first-come, first-served basis, and cannot be guaranteed by the AAFP.
About Hotel Reservations
- Reservations made after January 31, 2014, will be confirmed on a rate and space available basis. The conference rate is not guaranteed for reservations made after this date.
- Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel and Convention Center guarantees reservation by credit card and will not be charged prior to scheduled arrival date.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding and Amenorrhea
- Acute Coronary Syndromes and Angina
- Addiction in Women
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia
- Breast Cancer and Breast Mass
- Celiac Disease
- Cerebrovascular Diseases/Stroke
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Contraception Management
- Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Diabetes Mellitus Screening and Management
- Diets/Weight Loss Options
- Eating Disorders
- Herbal Therapies
- Human Papillomavirus & PAP Smears
- Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Menopause / Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Mood Disorders, Depression and Bipolar Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Osteoporosis & Osteopenia
- Pelvic Pain
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Hyperandrogenism
- Pre-Conception Counseling
- Prenatal Care
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Urinary Incontinence
Note: Topics are subject to change.
Download the complete schedule(169 KB PDF), which includes session times, topics, faculty, and learning objectives.
|Wednesday, March 5, 2014|
|Wednesday, March 5, 2014 : 7:15 - 7:45 a.m.||Registration / Breakfast Provided|
|Wednesday, March 5, 2014 : 7:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Wednesday, March 5, 2014 : 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch on Your Own|
|Wednesday, March 5, 2014 : 1:30 - 5:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, March 6, 2014|
|Thursday, March 6, 2014: 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Thursday, March 6, 2014: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Thursday, March 6, 2014: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||CME Luncheon|
|Thursday, March 6, 2014: 1:30 - 5:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, March 7, 2014|
|Friday, March 7, 2014: 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Friday, March 7, 2014: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Friday, March 7, 2014: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.||CME Luncheon|
|Friday, March 7, 2014: 1:30 - 5:15 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, March 8, 2014|
|Saturday, March 8, 2014 : 7:30 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Provided|
|Saturday, March 8, 2014 : 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||General Sessions|
|Saturday, March 8, 2014 : 12:00 p.m.||Course Adjourns|
Note: Course content and times are subject to change.
Elissa J. Palmer, MD, FAAFP, Course Chair, Professor and Chair, Director Reproductive Services, Director Rural Program Development, Department of Family Medicine, Clinical Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada
B. Wayne Blount, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
Lorna Fountain, MD, Family Medicine Residency Program, Bayfront Medical Center, St. Petersburg, Florida
Jennifer A. Keehbauch, MD, FAAFP, Florida Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program; Director, Women’s Health Fellowship, Orlando, Florida
E.J. Mayeaux, Jr., MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Family and Preventive Medicine, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, South Carolina
David Parrish, MD, MS, FAAFP, Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Bayfront Medical Center, St. Petersburg, Florida
Dean A. Seehusen, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Director, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital Family Medicine Residency, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
William R. Sonnenberg, MD, FAAFP, Private Practice, Titusville, Pennsylvania
Registration includes online access to the syllabus one week before the course. A hard copy of the syllabus may be purchased for $60 when registering for the course. Additional information and instruction will be provided by email after you register.
This live activity, Women's Health, with a beginning date of March 5, 2014, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25.75 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AAFP is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 creditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.