How does the METRIC program work?
The METRIC program guides you through a step-by-step process. The time to complete the program ranges between one and 12 months which includes a mandated 30-day intervention period.
Stage A: Learning from Current Practice
- Complete Practice Assessment Questionnaire to determine baseline measurements.
- Enter data from patient charts (10 or 15 charts, depending on the module).
- Assess personal performance and compare practice results nationally.
Stage B: Learning from the Application of Performance Improvement to Patient Care
- Select from multiple interventions.
- Use provided resources to develop Action Plan.
- Implement Action Plan for a minimum of one month, using tips, templates and resources from METRIC.
Stage C: Learning from the Evaluation of the Performance Improvement Effort
- Complete Practice Assessment Questionnaire to determine improvement.
- Enter data from patient charts.
- Compare results to baseline measurements and reflect on experience.
The METRIC program follows the AMA’s nationally standardized Performance Improvement CME format.