AAFP Credit System
Application Review Fees
AAFP CME Credit System application review fees are nonrefundable or transferable. The review process begins after the review fee is paid in full.
Fees by Activity Type
Uncertain which activity type applies to your CME activity?
|Live : Single live activity up to 8.00 credits||Fee : $295.00|
|Live : Single live activity over 8.00 credits||Fee : $395.00|
|Live : All other live activities |
(includes annual series, multi-site, mini-residencies)
|Fee : $595.00|
|Enduring Material / Medical Journal||Fee|
|Enduring Material / Medical Journal: Up to 5.00 credits||Fee : $795.00|
|Enduring Material / Medical Journal: 5.25 - 20.00 credits||Fee : $1,995.00|
|Enduring Material / Medical Journal: 20.25+ credits||Fee : $3,995.00|
|Other Activity Types||Fee|
|Other Activity Types: Performance Improvement||Fee: $695.00|
|Other Activity Types: Point of Care||Fee: $695.00|
|Additional Options and Fees*||Fee|
|Additional Options and Fees* : Data Entry||Fee : $195.00|
|Additional Options and Fees* : Standard Rush (3-5 business day review)||Fee : $595.00|
|Additional Options and Fees* : Same-Day Rush||Fee : $1,995.00|
|Additional Options and Fees* : Re-review||Fee : $125.00|
|Additional Options and Fees* : Translation to Practice®||Fee : $195.00|
*About Additional Options and Fees
Data Entry Fee
An additional $195 data entry fee is applied to the review fee for applications that are not submitted online. The data entry fee does not apply if you submit an application online.
- Standard Rush: You have the option to rush your CME application and receive a review decision faster than the standard 30 business days. Rush reviews will be completed in 3-5 business days. The rush fee is $595; this is in addition to the standard review fee.
- Same-Day Rush: Same-day rush service is available for $1995 subject to availability. Contact the AAFP at (800) 274-2237 for more information.
Re-Review of Applications
A $125 re-review fee will charged for all applications that are revised after the official AAFP CME credit determination letter has been sent to the CME provider.
Re-review fee will be applied if:
- The program content changes
- The CME provider seeks to change the number of approved CME credits
A re-review fee does not apply in the event of:
- A change to the start or end date of the activity
- Speaker or faculty changes
Call the AAFP at (800) 274-2237 to request a rush or re-review.