Basic Life Support in Obstetrics
Sponsor a BLSOSM Course
What is a BLSO Course Sponsor?
Submit a BLSO Course Request
Complete and return the form to sponsor a course.
Basic Life Support in Obstetrics (BLSOSM) offers evidence-based, hands-on training that promotes teamwork and helps your organization manage both normal labor and perinatal emergencies. The BLSO Provider Course is designed for pre-hospital care providers and emergency department personnel, as well as medical, nursing, and physician assistant students.
BLSO will help your organization reduce errors and save lives during OB emergencies. Sponsor a BLSO Course.
Download the form(2 page DOC) to get started today.
This one-day course will cover:
- Normal labor
- Emergency Prenatal assessment
- Saving the life of the mother: postpartum hemorrhage and maternal resuscitation
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Hypertensive emergencies in pregnancy
- Preterm labor and premature rupture of membranes (PROM)
- Saving the life of the baby: neonatal resuscitation
- Electronic fetal monitoring
The BLSO Course Learning Objectives Include:
- Improving the management of normal deliveries and obstetrical emergencies by standardizing the skills of pre-hospital care providers; emergency department (ED) personnel; and medical, nursing, and physician assistant students.
- Facilitate productive, collegial interactions among students interested in maternity care, first responders, and maternity care providers.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining high standards of education and training for pre-hospital care providers; ED personnel; and medical, nursing, and physician assistant students.
- Promote teamwork and patient safety to improve the quality of maternity care provided by pre-hospital care providers; ED personnel; and medical, nursing, and physician assistant students.
Tools for Planning Your Course
Find step-by-step instructions, templates, forms and tools to help plan a successful BLSO course.
Steps to Sponsor a Course
Sponsoring a provider course may seem daunting. Here are five easy steps to simplify the process.
Understand the roles, responsibilities, and qualification requirements for each member of your BLSO Course team.