Call for Authors
Resources for Authors
We are currently soliciting proposals from authors on the following topics:
Proposals should include:
- Letter stating your interest (be specific about the topic) (1 page maximum).
- A proposal for the edition's content (2 pages maximum) based on the outline provided in the call for authors.
- Curriculum vitae for the author and any proposed co-authors.
- Writing sample - A 1-page, single-spaced sample of original text that deals with the topic about which you propose to write. We suggest that this 1-page writing sample be about the core of the topic, rather than introductory or general material, so that you can demonstrate your mastery of the topic. Basically, you should be writing 1 page of the manuscript. Reference citations can be on a second page, not included in the 1-page write up.
- Publications - Include 2 publications written by you (or your co-authors) that are pertinent to the topic.
- Before submitting the proposal, complete the online disclosure form. (Choose option 1.)
Author groups are encouraged (maximum of 4 total authors), but 1 individual must be designated the corresponding author responsible for the overall manuscript and communication with editors and staff. Resident authors must be senior residents who will have completed residency by the publication date of the monograph.
Note that even if you have previously written an edition of FP Essentials or submitted a proposal in the past, you will need to provide all of the above-requested items again as part of the proposal for the current solicitation.
Due dates for these manuscripts will vary. In general, authors are given 6-8 weeks to prepare a polished draft manuscript that is suitable to submit for peer review. Authors receive a $4,000 honorarium for preparing a manuscript and seeing it through to publication.