Respiratory Issues in Infants and Young Children
Edition #393 | February 2012
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe the role of objective testing for children with suspected bronchiolitis.
- Cite the factors that should warrant closer observation in children with bronchiolitis.
- Summarize evidence-based options for bronchiolitis treatment and prevention.
- Outline a diagnostic approach to children with recurrent wheezing.
- Summarize the role of drugs in treating children with recurrent wheezing.
- Cite risk factors for bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
- Summarize the prevention and management of anemia of prematurity and apnea of prematurity.
- Describe the most common complications after infants leave the neonatal intensive care unit and their identification and management.
- Cite the recommendations for routine immunizations and palivizumab prophylaxis for preterm infants.
- Describe the relationship between apparent life-threatening events (ALTE) and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Summarize the approach to infants after an ALTE.
- Cite measures shown to reduce the risk of SIDS.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through February 28, 2014.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.