Edition #394 | March 2012
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe evidence-based recommendations for or against endoscopic screening for Barrett esophagus in patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Advise patients with Barrett esophagus about the appropriate intervals for endoscopic surveillance.
- Identify the screening test that has the highest sensitivity for detecting colorectal cancer.
- Discuss the age at which current recommendations suggest that routine colorectal cancer screening be discontinued.
- Discuss 4 key modifiable lifestyle risk factors associated with gastrointestinal cancers.
- Describe evidence-based recommendations for or against the use of long-term low-dose aspirin therapy for chemoprevention of gastrointestinal cancers.
- Cite 4 modifiable lifestyle risk factors associated with pancreatic cancer.
- Identify the best imaging test for detection of pancreatic cancer.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through March 31, 2014.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.