Edition #395 | April 2012
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2014.
In This Edition
- Describe the steps involved in gaining recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a patient-centered medical home (PCMH).
- Cite aspects of payment reform needed to sustain PCMH efforts.
- Summarize the standards and examples of must-pass elements needed to become NCQA-recognized.
- Cite key features of information management systems that can make information available at the point of care.
- Summarize options for and reasons to use electronic prescribing.
- Describe the PICO (Patient/population, Intervention, Control/comparison, Out-come) method for increasing precision in asking and answering clinical questions.
- Cite factors to consider when selecting the best electronic health record (EHR) system for each physician’s office.
- Describe the features within an EHR system that can improve provision of preventive services and quality of care.
- Summarize the potential benefits and limitations of patient portals.
- Summarize the feature options of patient portals.
- Cite HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) requirements for data security with patient portals.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through April 30, 2014.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.