Edition #398 | July 2012
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe the effect of vitamin D supplementation, with and without calcium supplementation, on fracture risk and bone density.
- Define the threshold for vitamin D deficiency, and describe the difference between deficiency and insufficiency.
- Summarize the diagnostic approach to incidentally detected thyroid nodules.
- Summarize the initial evaluation of adrenal incidentalomas and criteria for surgical resection.
- Identify criteria for neurosurgery referral in patients with incidentally detected pituitary nodules.
- Describe the diagnostic criteria for androgen deficiency in men.
- Define the role of bioidentical hormone treatment compared with standard hormone replacement therapy.
- Describe the role of testosterone supplementation in women with hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
- Describe the role of calcium supplementation in the prevention and treatment of hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through July 31, 2014.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.