Male Genitourinary Conditions
Edition #403 | December 2012
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2014.
In This Edition
- Summarize the current recommendations for prostate cancer screening.
- Cite indications for referral to a urology subspecialist for prostate biopsy for cancer detection.
- Describe prostate cancer treatment recommendations based on staging.
- Describe the presentation and differential diagnosis of acute and chronic testicular pain.
- Diagram an approach to the patient with acute scrotal pain and swelling.
- Summarize the management of acute and chronic epididymitis.
- Discuss the major risk factors for erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Summarize an approach to ED evaluation.
- Describe the use and potential side effects of currently available phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors.
- Summarize the diagnostic approach to a patient with lower urinary tract symptoms.
- Cite the treatment options for patients based on the American Urological Association Symptom Index and bother score.
- Summarize the evaluation and management of patients with prostatitis.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through December 31, 2014.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.