Health Care Reform
Edition #404 | January 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe the key provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
- Identify changes brought about by health insurance reform that are most likely to affect patients.
- Describe the primary purpose of an accountable care organization (ACO).
- Define the different types of ACO programs being offered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Describe the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program and what types of outcomes will be measured.
- Identify differences in how various pay-for-performance programs are structured.
- Cite the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) 7 principles for pay-for-performance programs.
- Describe the components of health care reform advocated for by the AAFP.
- Discuss how the PPACA addresses the components advocated for by the AAFP.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through January 31, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.