Edition #407 | April 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe the role of topical steroids in psoriasis and eczema management.
- Identify adjuvant treatments for psoriasis and eczema and identify appropriate candidates for their use.
- Describe clinical features of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) skin and soft tissue infections.
- Discuss the initial management approach to a suspected MRSA abscess or cellulitis.
- Summarize transmission route and susceptible contacts for scabies and lice infestation.
- Identify management options for scabies and lice infestation if initial management fails.
- Identify key clinical features of common benign skin nodules, and summarize the management options available for each.
- Discuss common skin conditions in infancy, including key clinical features and typical age of onset.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through April 30, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.