Edition #408 | May 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe the best evidence for screening for and prevention of type 2 diabetes.
- Outline the diagnostic criteria for type 2 diabetes.
- Summarize initial testing and treatment of a patient with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes.
- Outline the 5 components of diabetes management in the lending a hand model.
- Describe goals for blood pressure, cholesterol, and A1c levels based on best evidence for patient-oriented outcomes.
- Summarize drug treatment for glucose control for patients with type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss potential benefits and adverse effects of combination drugs for glucose control.
- Describe alternatives to traditional individual office visits for optimizing diabetes care.
- Summarize team-based care in the provision of diabetes education and other diabetes services.
- Describe ways to incorporate technology in the care of a panel of patients with diabetes.
- Summarize options for organizing and billing for group visits for diabetes.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through May 31, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.