Common Lung Conditions
Edition #409 | June 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Identify a validated questionnaire that patients with asthma can complete in the waiting room to assess the severity of the condition.
- Discuss whether providing asthma education to patients with asthma results in improved outcomes.
- Describe how to interpret B-type natriuretic peptide and N-terminal proB-type natriuretic peptide levels in patients who have dyspnea, including any differences in interpretation based on patient renal function.
- Summarize use of pulmonary embolism decision rules in the evaluation of patients with dyspnea.
- Identify a first-line inhaler to manage stable but symptomatic chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Discuss the indications for pulmonary rehabilitation in patients with COPD.
- Describe the two main types of air pollutants that are most dangerous to individual health.
- Identify steps to reduce dampness and mold in the home of a patient with asthma.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through June 30, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.