Disorders of Childhood Growth and Development
Edition #410 | July 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to it's content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until July 2015.
In This Edition
- Summarize the criteria for diagnosing failure to thrive, growth failure, and short stature.
- Cite the most common etiologies of growth failure.
- Summarize the approach to management of failure to thrive and short stature.
- Outline key components of the evaluation of a child with obesity.
- Summarize prevention and management strategies for childhood obesity.
- Describe the types of precocious puberty and their associated pathophysiology.
- Summarize an approach to the evaluation of a child presenting with suspected precocious puberty.
- Describe potential management options for central and peripheral precocious puberty.
- Summarize the recommended developmental assessments for infants and young children.
- Describe possible approaches to screening for developmental delay.
- Discuss the next steps after a screening test reveals delays in a child’s development.
- Discuss the interventions available to assist children diagnosed with a developmental delay.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through July 31, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.