Cardiovascular Disease in Women
Edition #411 | August 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Discuss the differences in risk classification for women’s cardiovascular health.
- Identify sources of stress that are associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Describe the relationship between depression and coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Summarize types of noninvasive tests that can be used to evaluate CAD.
- Discuss the most effective treatments for CAD.
- Identify the symptoms associated with acute coronary syndrome.
- Summarize risk factors associated with peripheral artery disease.
- Describe indications for performing an ankle-brachial index.
- Summarize reasons for choosing medical versus surgical management of peripheral artery disease.
- Discuss the relationship between polycystic ovary syndrome and cardiovascular risk.
- Identify cardiovascular risks associated with different types of contraceptives.
- Recognize changes in lipid profiles that are associated with contraceptive use in women.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through August 31, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.