Common Gastrointestinal Symptoms
Edition #413 | October 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until October 2015.
In This Edition
- Discuss the 2 main types of dysphagia and their common etiologies.
- Identify first-line tests used to evaluate patients with dysphagia.
- Summarize the diagnostic criteria for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Describe diet modifications and pharmacotherapy used to manage IBS.
- Discuss the most common diagnoses in patients with dyspepsia.
- Describe the test-and-treat strategy used to evaluate patients with dyspepsia and the patient population for whom it would be used.
- Discuss the 4 most important medical conditions associated with the use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs).
- Describe 2 recommended approaches to decreasing the dosage of a PPI or discontinuing PPI therapy.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through October 31, 2015.
Purchase this Edition
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.