Practice Improvement, Part II
Edition #414 | November 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Cite the 4 competency domains for interprofessional collaborative practice.
- Summarize methods to enhance communication to improve office efficiency and team-based care.
- Describe methods to assess health literacy.
- Discuss systems-based strategies for addressing health literacy.
- Outline clinician- and patient-centered interventions for patients with limited health literacy.
- Summarize methods in which technology is being used to communicate with patients, and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of patient portals.
- Describe considerations for implementing a patient portal, including protection of personal health information.
- Discuss existing social media strategies for family physicians, including current prevalence of use and separation of professional and personal communications.
- Summarize an approach to using technology to assist behavior change, chronic disease management, and patient self-management support.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of employment and private practice.
- Outline compensation models and other considerations for employed physicians and private practice physicians.
- Summarize important considerations when deciding whether to sell a private practice, including selling price and market share for potential buyers or stakeholders.
- Describe transition considerations after the sale of a practice.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through November 30, 2015.
Purchase Edition #414
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.