Upper Respiratory Conditions
Edition #415 | December 2013
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz.
In This Edition
- Describe risk factors for the development of rhinosinusitis.
- Discuss the most common etiologies of acute rhinosinusitis.
- Identify the most useful signs and symptoms for diagnosing rhinosinusitis.
- Discuss the management options for acute and chronic rhinosinusitis that have the most supporting evidence.
- Describe the changing incidence and prevalence patterns for otitis media (OM) in the United States.
- Summarize the risk factors for OM.
- Discuss effective management strategies for OM.
- Summarize the indications for tympanostomy tube placement in children.
- Describe the risk factors for the development of oral cancers.
- Discuss the importance of tobacco and alcohol cessation in oral cancer prevention and management.
- Describe the clinical findings associated with oral cancer.
- Identify occupations with a higher risk of vocal cord disorders.
- Summarize the etiologies of laryngitis and laryngeal nodules.
- Describe the diagnostic evaluation for laryngitis.
- Describe the common management options for acute laryngitis.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Credit valid through December 31, 2015.
Purchase Edition #415
Read It Online
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.