Edition #419 | April 2014
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2016.
In This Edition
- Identify the first-line drug for nonsurgical management of hemorrhoids.
- Describe the most effective office-based management of nonthrombosed external hemorrhoids.
- Summarize the characteristic symptoms of acute anal fissure and recommended management.
- Discuss the difference between fistulectomy and fistulotomy as management of anorectal fistula.
- Summarize the two types of anorectal prolapse and how they can be distinguished on physical examination.
- Describe how to reduce rectal prolapse with granulated sugar.
- Discuss tests that can be used to identify anatomic and physiologic defects in patients with fecal incontinence.
- Summarize three surgical procedures that can be used to manage fecal incontinence.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through April 30, 2016.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#419: Anorectal Conditions
CME credit approved through April 30, 2016
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition or with FP Essentials Subscription or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.