Immigrant and Refugee Health
Edition #423 | August 2014
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until August 2016.
In This Edition
- Summarize the history, physical examination, and testing that are required before immigrant or refugee admission to the United States.
- Summarize the processes and agencies involved in refugee relocation to the United States.
- State the questions used in the Explanatory Model Approach to help identify patient beliefs about health and illness.
- Identify subgroups of immigrants that are at risk of specific mental health issues.
- Describe the most common infectious diseases seen in immigrants and refugees to the United States.
- Identify infectious disease testing that should be obtained after immigrant or refugee arrival in the United States.
- Summarize the infectious diseases for which immigrants and refugees are treated before arrival in the United States.
- Describe the health care challenges and disparities experienced by immigrants and refugees who have limited English proficiency.
- Recognize the importance of using qualified professional interpreters during health care encounters with patients who have limited English proficiency.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through August 31, 2016.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#423: Immigrant and Refugee Health
CME credit approved through August 31, 2016
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.