Edition #426 | November 2014
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until November 2016.
In This Edition
- Explain the basic principles of the two-step algorithm for dermatoscopic evaluation of skin lesions.
- Explain how microdermabrasion and chemical peels are performed.
- Summarize the precautions that should be taken before microdermabrasion and chemical peel if patients have a history of herpes simplex virus infection.
- Identify a local anesthetic as an amide or an ester, and use an appropriate alternative local anesthetic if the patient is allergic to one type or the other.
- Explain which type of sutures should be used to close excisional biopsy wounds on different parts of the body.
- Identify contraindications to laser therapy on the skin.
- Explain chromophores and discuss how they influence the action and effectiveness of laser therapy.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through November 30, 2016.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#426: Dermatology Procedures
CME credit approved through November 30, 2016
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.