Edition #429 | February 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until February 2017.
In This Edition
- Summarize the clinical criteria and appropriate testing for diagnosing community-acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Describe the key decisions in CAP treatment.
- Recite the diagnostic testing options for tuberculosis (TB) and their appropriate use for patients with suspected TB.
- Summarize strategies for managing latent and active TB and for infection control.
- Describe diagnostic clues for a likely pulmonary fungal infection.
- Summarize the first-line treatment options for common pulmonary fungal pathogens.
- Cite the common respiratory infections diagnosed in immigrant populations.
- Summarize the first-line treatment options for the common respiratory infections diagnosed in immigrant populations.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through Feburary 28, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#429: Respiratory Infections
CME credit approved through February 28, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.