Chronic Pain Management
Edition #432 | May 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until May 2017.
In This Edition
- Cite the classification system for types of chronic pain (CP).
- Describe an appropriate evaluation of a patient with chronic pain, including assessment of comorbid conditions.
- Cite the types of behavioral therapies that are effective options for patients with chronic pain.
- Summarize the role of interventional techniques for patients with chronic pain.
- Describe nonopioid and opioid pharmacologic options and their indications for chronic pain.
- Cite federal laws regarding opioid and marijuana prescribing for chronic pain.
- Summarize the procedures that clinicians should follow when prescribing drugs for chronic pain.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through May 31, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#432: Chronic Pain Management
This edition is available to AAFP members at no charge. Log in and complete the zero-fee purchase process to download.
CME credit approved through May 31, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.