Edition #434 | July 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until July 2017.
In This Edition
- Perform hearing loss screening.
- Determine which patients with hearing loss should be referred for a hearing augmentation evaluation.
- Counsel parents about the importance of early hearing aid use in children.
- Show patients with hearing loss how to use hearing aids and other assistive devices for hearing loss.
- Improve health care communication with patients who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Train health care team members to maximize health care outcomes for deaf and hard of hearing patients.
- Counsel parents of deaf and hard of hearing children about the benefits of signing-speaking bilingualism.
- Include family members of deaf and hard of hearing children in learning strategies.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through July 31, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#434: Hearing Loss
CME credit approved through July 31, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.