Edition #435 | August 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until August 2017.
In This Edition
- Diagnose metabolic syndrome and prediabetes.
- Determine whether a patient with a lipid disorder is a candidate for high-intensity or moderate-intensity statin therapy.
- When a patient develops myalgia due to a statin, assess the creatine kinase level to decide whether the statin must be discontinued.
- Identify the leading cause of death in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
- Perform an appropriate diagnostic evaluation of a patient with suspected NAFLD.
- Diagnose polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) using the Rotterdam criteria.
- Perform an evaluation of a patient who meets the diagnostic criteria for PCOS who develops signs of severe virilization
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through August 31, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#435: Metabolic Syndrome
CME credit approved through August 31, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.