Acute Coronary Syndrome
Edition #437 | October 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until October 2017.
In This Edition
- Recognize atypical symptoms of acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Perform appropriately if a flight attendant calls for assistance with evaluating an airplane passenger who is reporting chest pain.
- Identify the electrocardiogram changes that indicate the need for immediate reperfusion therapy in patients with ACS.
- Use cardiac risk assessment scores to aid in determining whether patients with atypical symptoms have ACS.
- Prescribe appropriate antiplatelet therapy, including aspirin and other drugs, in patients with ACS.
- Prescribe other medical therapy for patients with ACS in appropriate situations, including treatment with anticoagulants, angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, aldosterone blockers, beta blockers, and statins.
- Verify that patients recently discharged from the hospital after an ACS are, in the absence of contraindications, taking all the drugs recommended in current guidelines.
- Counsel patients with ACS on issues that can improve symptoms, including weight loss, smoking cessation, physical activity, and preventive care.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through October 31, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#437: Acute Coronary Syndrome
CME credit approved through September 30, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.