Care of Adults With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
Edition #439 | December 2015
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until December 2017.
In This Edition
- Describe issues to address when establishing care for patients with developmental disabilities (DDs).
- Cite strategies for managing common acute and chronic health conditions in patients with DDs.
- Summarize common medical conditions that occur in patients with Down syndrome (DS).
- Describe aspects of preventive care for patients with DS.
- Summarize therapeutic options for maintaining function and reducing spasticity in patients with cerebral palsy (CP).
- Cite recommendations for the screening and monitoring of patients with CP.
- Cite the medical and behavioral health conditions associated with traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Summarize aspects of short- and long-term care in patients with mild, moderate, and severe TBI.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through December 31, 2017.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#439: Care of Adults With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
CME credit approved through December 31, 2017
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.