The Changing Drug Culture
Edition #441 | February 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until February 2018.
In This Edition
- List the medical conditions for which marijuana (cannabis) is most commonly used as a treatment.
- Recognize the most common adverse effects of marijuana.
- Counsel patients about the common toxicities and adverse effects that can occur with recreational use of synthetic cannabinoids, such as K2 and spice.
- Counsel patients about the common toxicities and adverse effects that can occur with recreational use of amphetaminelike drugs, such as bath salts, ecstasy, and Molly.
- Identify the names of commonly abused drugs and the drug classes to which they belong.
- Counsel patients about the effectiveness of cognition-enhancing drugs.
- Recognize the toxicities and adverse effects of appearance- and performance-enhancing drugs.
- Counsel patients in at-risk groups (eg, adolescents, athletes) about the risks of using appearance- and performance-enhancing drugs.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through February 28, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#441: The Changing Drug Culture
CME credit approved through February 28, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.