Heart Failure Update
Edition #442 | March 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until March 2018.
In This Edition
- Cite the diagnostic criteria for the two primary categories of heart failure (HF) and associated symptoms.
- Summarize the diagnostic evaluation of patients with suspected HF.
- Summarize the pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic therapies that should be used when treating HF patients.
- Cite ways to prevent rehospitalization for patients discharged with a diagnosis of HF.
- Summarize an evaluation approach to patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF).
- Describe the treatment of the hospitalized patient with ADHF.
- Cite important components of the hospital discharge plan.
- Summarize known benefits of telemonitoring, collaborative disease management programs, office-based team care, and pay-for-performance for the HF population.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through March 31, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#442: Heart Failure Update
CME credit approved through March 31, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.