Care of Patients With HIV Infection
Edition #443 | April 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information -- without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until April 2018.
In This Edition
- Screen appropriate patients for HIV infection.
- Assess for HIV infection in patients with symptoms consistent with acute HIV infection.
- Obtain appropriate initial and follow-up testing for patients with HIV infection.
- Initiate antiretroviral therapy for all patients with HIV infection who are able to consent, commit, and adhere to treatment, regardless of CD4 count or viral load.
- Initiate evidence-based prophylaxis for opportunistic infections in patients with HIV infection, appropriate CD4 counts, and risk factors.
- Apply current guidelines when selecting an initial antiretroviral treatment regimen.
- Screen all patients with HIV infection for sexually transmitted infections as recommended in current guidelines.
- Recommend appropriate vaccinations for patients with HIV infection.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through April 30, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#443: Care of Patients With HIV Infection
CME credit approved through April 30, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.