Respiratory Conditions Update
Edition #448 | September 2016
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until September 2018.
In This Edition
- Diagnose asthma based on typical symptoms and objective measurements of lung function.
- Assess the level of symptom control in patients with asthma and prescribe appropriate stepwise therapy.
- Use spirometry to diagnose and assess the severity of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Select appropriate inhalers and other treatments for patients with COPD of various severity levels.
- Describe the characteristics of restrictive lung diseases.
- Determine when to refer patients with suspected cystic fibrosis (CF) for further evaluation.
- Describe the difference between competence and medical decision-making capacity.
- Collaborate with other clinicians, subspecialists, and care team members in the management of patients with CF.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through September 30, 2018.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#448: Respiratory Conditions Update
CME credit approved through September 30, 2018
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.