Issues in Nutrition
Edition #452 | January 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until January 2019.
In This Edition
- Assess nutritional status in adult patients and use appropriate nutritional biomarkers in such evaluations.
- Describe and compare various popular diets.
- Explain to patients that dietary supplements are not required by the Food and Drug Administration to be proven safe or effective.
- Counsel patients about the advantages and disadvantages of vitamin D, probiotics, protein supplements, and multivitamins.
- Describe the characteristics of various types of carbohydrates to patients and compare them.
- Explain the terms glycemic index and glycemic load.
- Describe and compare the characteristics of various sweeteners.
- Recommend effective nutritional interventions for patients with chronic liver disease.
- Recognize and manage the nutritional issues associated with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Diagnose and treat patients with celiac disease.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through January 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#452: Issues in Nutrition
CME credit approved through January 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.