Cardiovascular Disease Update
Edition #454 | March 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until March 2019.
In This Edition
- Summarize the initial evaluation of patients with atrial fibrillation (AF), including assessment of need for anticoagulation.
- Describe the two primary treatment strategies for AF and their advantages and challenges.
- Cite potential intrinsic and extrinsic etiologies of bradycardia.
- Summarize the types of bradycardia best managed with a permanent pacemaker.
- Cite the categories of pulmonary hypertension (PH) and their key features.
- Summarize the treatment goals and strategies for patients with PH.
- Cite the indications for and preoperative treatment of patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.
- Summarize the medical management of patients after CABG surgery.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through March 31, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#454: Cardivascular Disease Update
CME credit approved through March 31, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.