Valvular Heart Disease in Adults
Edition #457 | June 2017
FP Essentials is a monthly subscription containing authoritative, unbiased, and peer-reviewed clinical information—without any advertisements.
Purchase this individual edition for online access to its content, and earn up to 5 CME credits upon completion of the quiz. Online access for this edition available until June 2019.
In This Edition
- Describe recommended monitoring intervals for echocardiograms for asymptomatic patients with valvular heart disease (VHD).
- Summarize recommendations for the screening of first-degree relatives of patients with bicuspid aortic valves to identify family members with bicuspid valves or thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Describe the principles of noninvasive medical treatment of patients with VHD.
- Summarize the indications for open surgical valve replacement versus transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with aortic stenosis.
- Prescribe an appropriate antithrombotic regimen for patients who have undergone surgical or transcatheter heart valve replacement.
- Recommend appropriate physical activity regimens for patients taking anticoagulant drugs.
Approved for 5 AAFP Prescribed credits; 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Credit valid through June 30, 2019.
Purchase This Edition
Online access only
#457: Valvular Heart Disease in Adults
CME credit approved through June 30, 2019
Take the Quiz for CME Credit
Read It Online Now
Content accessible after purchase of this edition, FP Essentials Subscription, or FP Essentials + FP Audio Combined Subscription.