ALF is the AAFP’s leadership development program for chapter-elected leaders, aspiring chapter leaders, and chapter staff. Among other roles, ALF functions as an orientation for emerging leaders who serve on chapter boards, as well as professional development for new and seasoned chapter staff. Drawing more than 200 attendees each year, ALF also features targeted breakout sessions on chapter governance, advocacy, and communication.
ALF is a time to focus on, and find new ways to address the issues that affect the members of your chapter and state, by engaging in important dialogue.
Attend ALF to:
- Discover solutions to chapter challenges
- Learn from your colleagues
- Strengthen relationships with peers and AAFP leaders
- Refine leadership skills
- Develop new leaders
Know Before You Go
Find everything you need to know about ALF/NCSC and more.
- Enjoy complementary Wi-Fi in meeting rooms and guest rooms.
- Handouts and presentations are available online in April.
- A limited number of power outlets are available inside each session meeting room.
- Printing stations are available on site.
Earn CAE Credit
The Annual Leadership Forum meets the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential. ALF participants may claim up to 19 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
"ALF is my favorite conference of the year. There is just something magical that happens when you gather our Academy's leaders in one room—all things seem possible!"
— Margot Savoy, MD, MPH, FAAFP, CPE
Thursday, May 1, 2014 - Saturday, May 3, 2014
(Preconference Wednesday, April 30, 2014)
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center
Kansas City, MO