Family Medicine Global Health Workshop
Make Your Impact More Sustainable
Whether you're exploring opportunities to engage in global health, preparing for your overseas experience, or seeking to broaden your clinical knowledge about global health concerns, the Global Health Workshop is the place to network, learn, and train with current and aspiring global health advocates.
Connect with people and places. Learn what only experience can teach you.
- Match your experience and skills with global health needs.
- Prepare to serve as a family medicine consultant
- Learn how to organize and conduct a global health consultation
- Evaluate the practical management of chronic diseases in resource-constrained settings
- Advise and train students, residents and physicians for global health endeavors
- Promote family medicine faculty development
2015 Global Health Workshop Highlights
Where in the World is Family Medicine?
2015 Global Health Workshop Attendees used posted pinmaps to show us where they've worked, served, taught, consulted, or promoted health and family medicine, to illustrate the need for and power of family medicine across the globe.
Common Interest Lunches
Attendees participated in self-guided luncheons to network with others experiencing the same challenges and achievements. Participants chose their tables by discussion topic and engaged in thoughtful dialogue and idea-sharing with colleagues.
Interactive Breakout Sessions
Breakout sessions for the 2015 Global Health Workshop were broken down into six tracks:
- Global Health Lecture Series
- Global Expansion of Family Medicine
- Reflections in Global Health
- Case Studies in Program Design
- Focus on Research
- Ideas Worth Sharing
In addition, facilitated discussion sessions provided opportunities for informal interaction around topics of common interest.