Global Health Workshop App
The Global Health Workshop app provides you with up-to-date meeting information wherever you go. Use the app to build your schedule, connect with your fellow attendees, stay informed with updates, and more.
Download the App
The 2016 app is compatible with iPhone, Android, and most smartphones, as well as iPad and most tablets.
If you will be attending the Global Health Workshop from outside the U.S., please download the app in your country of origin prior to traveling.
Point your phone or other web-enabled device to http://m.core-apps.com/tristar_aafp_ghw16(m.core-apps.com)
Attendees traveling from within the U.S. may also scan the QR code on the Global Health Workshop app flyer in your conference program.
App Features and Tips
App Features and Tips
Here’s a run-down of the features of the app, and some tips and tricks to get the most out of it.
Available at the top of every page, these icons take you back to frequently used content areas like the Home Page, Sessions, posters, and GHW Info. You can also search the app with the Looking Glass icon!
Access your “Friends” list, keep in touch with messages and Alerts, and manage your Profile. Swipe right anywhere in the app to access the Message Center.
See your current Alerts, upcoming schedule, and app icons.
- Refresh the app in the top right corner of the dashboard.
(gear icon in top right corner of dashboard)
Set up your profile, sync multiple devices, email notes to yourself or others.
- Set up your profile: Build a profile to connect with other conference attendees, share contact information, exchange messages, and even share schedules!
- Publishing your profile to the Attendees list is the best way to connect with other conference attendees using the app. If using multiple devices, only publish your profile from one device. Select “ON” when prompted on the My Profile screen.
- If you plan to use multiple devices, and a laptop/desktop, or a non-native mobile device is one of them, first set up your profile on that device. You will need to create an account (use email address and create a password). Save these credentials to use with Multi-device sync (see below).
- Enter your profile information identically on all devices.
- Multi Device Sync: If you have not previously created an account on your laptop/desktop, choose “First Device” on the device you plan to use as your primary device to set up your sync account. If you have created a laptop/desktop web app account, or simply want to sync more devices, choose “Additional Device” and use the same account credentials to sync more devices.
- Email All Notes: Use this to email yourself or others your notes from all sessions.
- Push Notifications: Allowing push notifications will give the app permission to send notifications to your device when new alerts go out and when you have new messages, regardless of whether you’re in the app at the time of the message.
View important messages from the conference organizers at the top of the dashboard.
- The app will signal when a new alert is received. If you allow push notifications, your device is sent an alert even if you are not in the app at the time (see “Settings” for directions on push notifications). To view all Alerts, swipe right on any page to access the Message Center.
View events added to your schedule, and add your own meetings.
- You can customize your Global Health schedule to display your selected events from the “Sessions” icon. In “My Schedule,” click the “+” in the top right corner to add your own personal events. Click the arrows in the top bar or the list of dates to move between days.
- Share your schedule with a fellow Global Health attendee from your “Friends” list in the Message Center.
View Global Health sessions, faculty, descriptions, and locations and times. Evaluate sessions, take notes and email them to yourself or others.
- Browse by Day to see all Global Health events. The small arrows on either side of the date or the list of dates allow you to move back and forth between dates.
- Browse by Type to see Global Health events filtered by those tags.
- Click the star next to an event name to add it to your schedule. A filled-in star means the event is on your schedule.
- Click on an event to bring up its details.
- Event details:
- Click on the side bar to take, save, and email notes, or put the event on your schedule (Bookmark).
Browse speakers and see their associated sessions.
View the meeting space maps by floor to find your session room.
Important meeting information and other general resources.
Check out a live feed of the AAFP Global Health Twitter feed. Connect your own Twitter account to tweet without leaving the app!
- Click the compose icon in the top right corner to log in to your Twitter account.
Browse profiles of Global Health attendees who have published their profiles. Add others as “friends” to share schedules and send messages to each other.
- Publish your profile to share your contact information with other attendees. See “Settings” instructions above for details.
- Click a name on the “Attendee” list to view published profile information.
- Once in another’s profile, click “Send Friend Request” to add that person to your friends list. A message is sent to the other user for confirmation. Once confirmed, the user will appear on your “Friends” list in the Message Center.
- Click “Add to Contacts” and allow the app to access your address book to add a user’s contact information to your device’s contact list.
Share schedules with other conference attendees, send messages to each other, and share contact information.
- Publish your profile to share your contact information with other attendees. See “Settings” instructions for details.
- Browse other attendees who have published their profiles. Connect and share information by adding “Attendees” as “friends”.
- Access your “Friends” list in the Message Center (swipe right on any page). Click on a friend’s name and turn on “Share Schedule” to share your schedule with a specific contact. “View Schedule” shows both schedules side-by-side.
Browse restaurants and entertainment around Atlanta.