FMIG Leaders: Help Promote 2014 AAFP National Conference
Almost one-third of students first learn about National Conference from groups like Family Medicine Interest Groups (FMIGs). To help encourage these communications, the AAFP will provide participating FMIG groups with $100 to use toward food, drink, or other meeting necessities for promoting National Conference at a meeting, payable after the meeting is held.
To receive the $100, the FMIG must fulfill the requirements below.
- Only the first 75 participating FMIG groups will receive the funding. You will only be notified if your group is not within the first 75 to respond.
- Each FMIG group may only participate once and is eligible for only $100. FMIGs at regionally separated (branch) campuses may apply separately from the main campus.
- The National Conference information meeting must occur between February 1 and April 30, 2014. FMIG groups holding meetings after the specified time frame will not receive the funding.
- Groups may include the National Conference presentation as part of an existing FMIG meeting or may host a specific meeting to share the conference information.
- FMIG groups interested in participating must notify the AAFP by completing the online participation form (5 questions) before hosting the presentation no later than April 30, 2014.
- Each participating FMIG group must show the National Conference PowerPoint presentation(16 page PPT) provided by the AAFP.
- FMIG groups must provide the AAFP with a completed submission form(1 page PDF) and attendee list(1 page PDF) to receive the funding.
- The submission form and attendee list must be provided to the AAFP no later than May 9, 2014.
Please send forms to:
American Academy of Family Physicians
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211
Fax: (913) 906-6289
Consider contacting your State Chapter representative to see if they would like to participate in your meeting. Some state chapters have their own scholarships and opportunities for medical students. Also, consider inviting a panel of past attendees – students, residents, and faculty – to share their experiences.
- Each participating FMIG group will receive $100 to support their National Conference meeting. The funding is to be used for food, drink, or other meeting related costs. Other expenses occurred will not be reimbursed.
- Checks will be made payable to the contact indicated on the submission form. Forms must be signed by the FMIG faculty advisor.
- All checks will be submitted and mailed to FMIGs by May 30, 2014.
Thursday, August 7 - Saturday, August 9, 2014
Kansas City Convention Center
Kansas City, MO