Thank you for participating in the 2016 PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium! We appreciate your partnership in making this year’s symposium a success.
All presenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel, and registration arrangements. Honorariums are not available for this symposium. Registration will open in December. The housing deadline is March 8.
All Primary Presenter Agreements and co-presenter forms must be returned directly from the individual's email. This requirement helps ensure the sender is the one who signed the form.
Workshop Due Dates
- November 13, 2015: Request Audience Engagement System (AES)
- November 13, 2015: Completed Presenter Agreement
- February 5, 2016: Co-presenters – Consent Forms(1 page DOCX)
- February 5, 2016: Presentation slides on the AAFP PowerPoint Template(1 page PPTX)
- February 5, 2016: Headshot and Short Bio (optional)
- February 5, 2016: Request House Sound (if applicable)
- Through the app, the Audience Engagement System (AES) will allow:
- Presenters to "poll" the audience.
- Audience to ask questions.
- Audience to "like" questions increasing their priority.
- AES is available by request. (Cannot be requested onsite.)
- The following audio / visual equipment is provided in each room:
- Wireless internet
- Lavaliere microphone
- LCD projector and screen
- House sound is available upon request. (Cannot be requested on-site.)
- Laptops are NOT provided for presenters.
- If you use a Mac, a Mac adaptor (provided by you) is required to connect to the projector. (Learn more about adaptors.(1 page DOCX))
- CME Policy prohibits the updating of presentations once submitted to AAFP. Staff will not be able to update presentations online or in the app.
- Please be in your assigned room at least 15 minutes before your session begins.
- AAFP staff and an audio/visual representative will check with you while you are setting up your presentation.
- Workshop sessions are located in adjacent rooms. Please keep the volume of your session to a respectful level.
- AAFP staff will enter your meeting room approximately 15 minutes into your workshop to count the number of attendees.
- Your workshop session should not exceed 60 minutes. Please manage the timing of your presentation and audience questions accordingly.
- At the conclusion of your workshop, encourage attendees to complete the evaluation form for your session. A link to the online evaluation has been added to the end of your presentation and is in the app.
- Ensure participants know your workshop number and title. This information is needed for the evaluation.
- You will be provided the feedback from these evaluations.
Showcase Due Dates
NIPDD Academic Showcase: Saturday, April 2, 2016 | 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Admin/Nurse Showcase: Saturday, April 2, 2016 | 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Innovation Showcase: Sunday, April 3, 2016 | 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- The showcases will feature multiple presenters, each of whom will give a 10 minute presentation.
- Questions from the audience will be delayed until all presentations are complete.
- Showcase presenters will present in alphabetical order as shown in the PDW and RPS symposium program and app.
- Presenters will have assigned seats on the stage.
- Please be at your assigned seat (identified by a table tent with your name) at least 15 minutes before the Showcase begins to meet with the moderator and review presentation logistics.
- You will have a podium on which you may place notes.
- The audio/visual representative will control your presentation slide.
- You will have no more than 10 minutes for your presentation.
- A timer will be provided and will notify you when your 10 minutes have expired.
- Please follow these guidelines when preparing your speech:
- State your name, program, and location.
- Explain the problem / issue your subject addresses.
- Describe how your actions address the problem / issue.
- List the outcomes of the actions.
- Share your assessment of the actions: what worked well; changes you would make, and suggestions for others.
- Be energized and "sell" your idea.
- Be prepared to field challenging questions from an interested, but possibly skeptical, audience.
- Rehearse your presentation to ensure you will not exceed 10 minutes.
- The complete description of your presentation, as you submitted it, in addition to your presentation slide is available online and in the app. A brief description of your subject is also available in the PDW and RPS conference program.
Poster Due Dates
- November 13, 2015: Completed Poster Acceptance Form
- February 5, 2016: Electronic Poster file
- An electronic file of your poster is required with these specifications:
- Art file created and submitted at 36" x 48" or 48" x 36"
- Submit your file as either:
- single-layer 150 ppi.tif file
- pdf file
- single-layer 150 ppi.tif file
- Posters will be printed by the AAFP and displayed on easels. You do not need to bring your poster. Printed poster size is three feet by four feet.
- Please staff your poster and answer questions from symposium attendees during Happy Hour, Saturday, April 2, 2016, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. You may also staff your poster during the symposium breaks.
- A pocket will be provided for handouts. You are responsible for providing copies of handouts you would like to be available.
- If you want to keep your poster, remove it on Tuesday, April 5, 2016, between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Otherwise, it will be discarded. Posters will not be shipped back to presenters.