This article collection features popular FPM content on the subject of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act -- from frequently asked questions to help with HIPAA transactions and code sets standards. Note that FPM content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Return to main topic list.
- Help With the HIPAA Transactions and Code Sets Standards [Feature] (09/01/2003)
- HIPAA Compliance: How to Get an Extension [Feature] (05/01/2002)
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions [Feature] (12/01/2002)
- The HIPAA Privacy Rule: Three Key Forms [Feature] (02/01/2003)
- A Problem Oriented Approach to the HIPAA Security Standards [Feature] (08/01/2001)
- Ten Steps to HIPAA Security Compliance [Feature] (04/01/2005)
- What the HIPAA Transaction and Code Set Standards Will Mean for Your Practice [Feature] (12/01/2001)
- What You Need to Know About HIPAA Now [Feature] (03/01/2001)
- HIPAA Again: Confronting the Updated Privacy and Security Rules [Feature] (06/01/2013)
Last Update: 07/27/2010
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for copyright questions and/or permission requests.