Quality & Safety
This article collection features popular FPM content on the subjects of quality and safety -- from improving asthma care to reducing risks for patients receiving warfarin. Note that FPM content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Return to main topic list.
Quality Improvement Principles
- 13 Months of Quality Improvement: Did It Work? [Improving Patient Care] (01/01/2001)
- Asthma Days: An Approach to Planned Asthma Care for Family Physicians [Feature] (10/01/2004)
- Cost Effectiveness Begins Between Your Ears [Improving Patient Care] (10/01/2003)
- Four Principles for Better Test-Result Tracking [Feature] (08/01/2002)
- Improving Chronic Illness Care: Lessons Learned in a Private Practice [Feature] (12/01/2005)
- Remove Roadblocks and Improve Access to Preventive Care [Feature] (10/01/2011)
- Rethinking Your Approach to Prescription "Refills" [Feature] (12/01/2011)
- A Systematic Approach to Identifying Drug-Seeking Patients [Feature] (04/01/2008)
- A Systematic Approach to Managing Warfarin Doses [Improving Patient Care] (05/01/2005)
- Tools and Strategies for Improving Asthma Management [Feature] (02/01/2010)
- Using a Simple Patient Registry to Improve Your Chronic Disease Care [Feature] (04/01/2006)
- The Power of Two: Improving Patient Safety Through Better Physician-Patient Communication [Improving Patient Care] (08/01/2002)
- Prescription Writing to Maximize Patient Safety [Feature] (08/01/2002)
- Reducing Risks for Patients Receiving Warfarin [Feature] (08/01/2002)
- Reliability Science: Reducing the Error Rate in Your Practice [Feature] (10/01/2005)
- Simple Strategies to Avoid Medication Errors [Feature] (02/01/2007)
- Creating a Lean Practice [Feature] (04/01/2006)
- How to Fix a Flawed Process: The Four Rules of Work Design [Feature] (06/01/2008)
- Implementing Change: From Ideas to Reality [Feature] (01/01/2003)
- Innovation in Practice: Six Ways to Harness the Power of Your Ideas [Feature] (06/01/2005)
- The KISS Principle in Family Practice: Keep It Simple and Systematic [Feature] (08/01/2003)
- Why Did That Idea Flop? [Feature] (09/01/2003)
- Eight Steps to a Chart Audit for Quality [Feature] (08/01/2008)
- The Family Practice Management Practice Self-Test [Feature] (02/01/2001)
- Practice Measurement: A New Approach for Demonstrating the Worth of Your Work [Feature] (02/01/2008)
- Putting Measurement Into Practice With a Clinical Instrument Panel [Feature] (02/01/2003)
Last Update: 07/21/2010
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for copyright questions and/or permission requests.