This article collection features popular FPM content on the subject of malpractice -- from defending your care in a deposition to ensuring you have the right malpractice insurance policy. Note that FPM content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Return to main topic list.
- Aiding the Wounded Among Us [The Last Word] (12/01/2007)
- The Art of Apology: When and How to Seek Forgiveness [Feature] (08/01/2007)
- Can We Avoid Errors in Family Practice? [Editorial] (08/01/2002)
- Coping With the Stress of Being Sued [Feature] (05/01/2001)
- Depositions: Defending Your Care [Feature] (08/01/2001)
- Do You Have the Right Malpractice Insurance Policy? [Feature] (12/01/2004)
- Don't Be a Target for a Malpractice Suit [Feature] (06/01/2006)
- How High-Low Agreements Work in a Malpractice Case [Feature] (05/01/2007)
- How to Reduce Your Malpractice Risk [Feature] (08/01/2012)
- Patient History and Malpractice Defense [Opinion] (10/01/2008)
- Seven Reasons Family Doctors Get Sued and How to Reduce Your Risk [Feature] (03/01/2003)
Last Update: 07/27/2010
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact email@example.com for copyright questions and/or permission requests.