This article collection features popular FPM content on the subject of life balance -- from finding joy in your work to blending work and family. Note that FPM content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Return to main topic list.
Finding Joy in Family Medicine
- Balancing a Personal Life With OB Care [The Last Word] (06/01/2007)
- Blending Work and Family [Balancing Act] (05/01/2004)
- The Day Care Stare [Balancing Act] (10/01/2003)
- Doctorhood and Motherhood [The Last Word] (02/01/2006)
- Eight Ways to Improve Your Relationships [Balancing Act] (09/01/2003)
- Having It All, a Little at a Time [Balancing Act] (04/01/2005)
- Life Balance: 17 Tips From Doctors, for Doctors [Balancing Act] (06/01/2001)
- Making a Living and a Life [Balancing Act] (09/01/2004)
- Making Family Practice Doable in Everyday Life [Feature] (04/01/2003)
- Comfort Always [The Last Word] (10/01/2006)
- Eight Ideas for Managing Stress and Extinguishing Burnout [Feature] (04/01/2002)
- Enjoying Family Practice Despite It All [Feature] (05/01/2002)
- Is 'Busy' Good? [The Last Word] (10/01/2008)
- A Night at the Nursing Home [The Last Word] (05/01/2008)
- Physician Resilience and Burnout: Can You Make the Switch? [Feature] (02/01/2013)
- Protecting the Time You've Got [Balancing Act] (08/01/2001)
- Rediscovering the Joy of Family Practice [Feature] (10/01/2003)
- Sharing Lives and Life's Work [Balancing Act] (09/01/2001)
Last Update: 07/27/2010
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact email@example.com for copyright questions and/or permission requests.