Working With Health Plans
This article collection features popular FPM content on the subject of working productively with health plans -- from avoiding health plan denials to evaluating whether individual health plan contracts should be renegotiated or terminated. Note that FPM articles published within the last 12 months are accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
- Can You Negotiate Better Reimbursement? [Feature] (10/01/2004)
- Evaluating Health Plans: Finding the Keepers [Feature] (04/01/2003)
- Making Sense of Health Plan Denials [Feature] (06/01/2001)
- Negotiating a Contract With a Health Plan [Feature] (12/01/2006)
- Precertification, Denials and Appeals: Reducing the Hassles [Feature] (06/01/2006)
- Working With Insurers: A View From the Dark Side [Feature] (08/01/2008)