As a family physician, you're supposed to be ideally situated to provide preventive care. The problem is that time constraints and reimbursement issues conspire to make it more difficult than it should be. These articles and tools from FPM should help you provide preventive care efficiently and get paid fairly for it. Note that FPM content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and paid subscribers only.
Return to main topic list.
Process Improvements in Preventive Care||
Coding and Billing for Preventive Services
- Integrating a Behavioral Health Specialist Into Your Practice [Feature] (02/01/2011)
- Preventive Medicine: Giving Patients the Hard Sell [Feature] (01/01/2008)
- Encounter Forms for Better Preventive Visits [Feature] (08/01/2003)
- Four Strategies for Promoting Healthy Lifestyles in Your Practice [Feature] (04/01/2011)
- Are Your Patients Getting the Preventive Services They Need? [Feature] (01/01/1999)
- Answers to Your Questions About Medicare Annual Wellness Visits [Feature] (04/01/2011)
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits Made Easier [Feature] (08/01/2011)
- Same-Day E/M Services: What to Do When a Health Plan Won't Pay [Feature] (04/01/2006)
- Sports Physicals: A Coding Conundrum [Feature] (10/01/2006)
- Understanding When to Use Modifier -25 [Getting Paid] (10/01/2004)
- What You Need to Know About the Medicare Preventive Services Expansion [Feature] (02/01/2011)
- Annual Wellness Visits [FPM topic collection]
Last Update: 03/21/2011
Copyright © 2012 by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
This content is owned by the AAFP. A person viewing it online may make one printout of the material and may use that printout only for his or her personal, non-commercial reference. This material may not otherwise be downloaded, copied, printed, stored, transmitted or reproduced in any medium, whether now known or later invented, except as authorized in writing by the AAFP. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for copyright questions and/or permission requests.