About AFP Apps
AFP By Topic App
How to Navigate
The main page of the AFP By Topic app is a menu list of the clinical topics included in “AFP By Topic.”
- Clicking on a topic takes you to a menu screen of the categories within that particular topic (for example: Overview, Screening and Diagnosis, Treatment).
- Clicking on a category takes you to a menu screen of all AFP content within that category.
- Clicking on any of these items takes you to a web browser and displays that AFP article or department.
- You can return to any previous menu by clicking the “Back” button on your device.
The majority of the online archives for AFP is open to all. AFP content published within the past 12 months is accessible to AAFP members and AFP paid subscribers only.
- Restricted access content is designated by a lock symbol at the end of the title in the app menu.
- Log in with your seven-digit AAFP ID or subscriber number and last name/password.
- The app will remember this information until you clear it so you do not have to log in each time you access restricted content through this app.
- If you are not an AAFP member or AFP subscriber, and would like access to restricted content, please consider subscribing to the journal or joining the AAFP.
This app requires a compatible device with an Internet connection.
AFP Journal App
Fill out this form(www.afp-digital.org) to contact Digital Support at GTxcel.
AFP Photo Quiz App
How to Navigate
The main page of the AFP Photo Quiz app displays three categories: Favorites, Complete, and Quizzes. Selecting “Quizzes” displays the images for all AFP Photo Quizzes that have not been taken. Selecting an image will present the image(s) and a brief description or case scenario used to answer the clinical question. If you select the correct answer, you will be presented with further discussion of the answer and the differential diagnosis. If you select an incorrect answer, you will be given the option to choose a different answer or to see the correct answer and discussion. Within each quiz, tapping on the image(s) will enlarge it. Once a quiz has been completed, it is moved into the “Complete” folder. From the main page, users may also select the star at top of an image to designate that quiz as one of their favorites; these quizzes are then moved into the “Favorites” folder. Quizzes can be reset using the “Reset Quizzes” button at the bottom of the main page.
This app does not require an Internet connection.
If you do not find the answer you are looking for, or if you have other issues or suggestions, contact our customer support at email@example.com or 800-274-2237. Please include the name of the application, the type of device you are using, and your question, suggestion, or a detailed description of the problem.